Saturday, March 14, 2009

Tension or the lack thereof!

This little dial here is the source of all my problems.
Tension ... when it's taken apart. It's just too much. Then I get to looking at all the newer machines that make it look so much easier. I did see a billboard today about "NOT GIVING UP"... "rise to the occasion" .. so I'm trying to have faith. Anyway.. I'm sure that i'll figure it out. Sometimes it just takes staring at it for a while.

Current Project?! almost forgot.
A tote, the fabric Claudia picked out a few years ago.. when I first had the idea for this project
. but of course it comes with it's very own problems. I thought that I could sew the liner to the outside fabric before I put the two pieces together. That would be a mistake. The fabric is too thick, even with using a bigger needle. Even with using bigger thread. blah. See. It's too thick. It could be because of this tension problem though. Okay and I was thinking about cutting this bag down in half and making two clutches from it instead. HMM. What to do. I'll have to think on it. It's sunny out, and it's hard to turn this face .. time for a walk.

No comments: