Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sewing.. finally.

WELP! I had to give up on the machine my aunt gave me, at least for now. I'd be sewing for 5 minutes then trying to fix the tension for 4 hrs. It was going to be the end of me, if I didn't do something! My mom finally agreed to get me a NEW sewing machine. A SINGER at that. My brothers both got new cell phones & new clothes.. so... all & all I think that it's fair! Here she is..

and she hums and sews like a beaut. She only has 8 stitch patterns but i'm okay with that, a 4 step buttonholer (which i used and it is simple). :o) the simple sound of her sewing straight & in reverse makes me smile ear to ear! And I finally got a project finished!! FINALLY!!! I will be taking on this really cute pattern for a purse next. mmhm. I'm moving right along!

The Claudia bag. (obviously named after her because she picked out the fabric)

It has double straps for handles.

My first button hole! yay! Also my first hand sewn button.

The inside fabric is cute. I was going to add a pocket but it seems that you have to think ahead for that..and I didn't. NEXT TIME ;O)

No comments: